Occupational Pension Scheme calculator?

LDFerguson

Does anyone know if there's a spreadsheet or other calculator out there that will calculate maximum tax-free lump sums, pensions etc., according to Revenue rules? I don't mean the "new business" funding calculators that are fairly common - this would be for existing and deferred scheme members.

Example, I'm about to sit down and work out manually the maximum lump sum entitlements for a client who has current benefits in a scheme as well as deferred entitlements from two existing schemes, based on his service salary etc., and I thought about compiling this into a spreadsheet to make the task easier. But then I wondered if any spreadsheet wiz, pension company etc., had already done this.

Any ideas?

Hi Liam

I may have what you are looking for in the office, if so I will email you Monday evening otherwise I will post if I don't.

What exactly do you need? Max TFLS/Pension based on current premiums, service, transfer value and retained benefits or are you looking for a spreed sheet that will calculate revenue max contribution based again on the same set of assumptions as said previously?

Barcuda

Hi Baracuda,

If you have something knocking around, that would be great. I'll buy you a pint. ;)

The current one I'm working on is to calculate max TFLS on early retirement based on service, salary & retained benefits. This is for someone with a deferred entitlement in an old scheme.

Up to now, I've been doing these calculations with a calculator and a sheet of paper, but I wondered if someone clever had compiled the rules into a spreadsheet.

Cheers, Liam

Hi Liam

Had a ask around but no one here has a BOB/Retained Benefits spreed sheet calculator.

Baracuda.

oops. Wrong thread. Thanks to Baracuda for letting me know in such a nice friendly way.

You cant work out anything to do with pensions anymore.
Anything could happen to them before you retire.
The goal posts have moved on pensions and will continue to move.

The government have really messed up.
Stability is what you need for planning for your retirement. That has now disappeared into a puff of smoke with the fiddling going on with pensions.

Paying into a pension now is just a gamble now.
And your rant about pensions has exactly what to do with the OP???

May I suggest you start a thread of your own where your comments could be agreed or disagreed with instead of a random comment in this thread

Back