O2 Sim "permanently blocked"

denmcn

My phone powered off on me yesterday and when I turned it back on it wouldnt take my PIN - I tried it three times and locked it:(. I rang O2 customer care who gave me the PUK to use.

I tried this PUK a number of times but got "Code Error" each time. Today I went into the O2 shop and they tell me that because I inserted the PUK "incorrectly" (I didnt....) that the SIM is now "permanently blocked" ...I'm not a happy bunny.

This is a business phone and as I am not the person authorised by the company to make changes to the business account (they are literally the far side of the world at the moment) I cannot have my number ported over to a new SIM.

Does anyone know if there is any possible way to either reactivate the SIM or to access the data stored on it - I urgently need to get at business information on my phone.

Thanks in advance for your help,
denmcn

Is the data you need stored on the phone? If so, you might be able to just put a different SIM in and get access to the data that way. I'm looking after our Business Phones and they are all unlocked, i.e. can be used with any SIM.
Otherwise maybe try hooking up the phone to a PC, that might work still?
Not sure about unblocking the SIM - maybe somebody more technically minded can help with that.

It sounds like O2 had the wrong PUK for the sim which is why it locked. As far as I know there's no way to recover the sim once that's happened. I thought the limit was quite high though, maybe 10 attempts for that very reason.

Back