NPPR query

Germaine

Can anyone advise on this please?

Bought home in late 2010 and now selling it.

Provided NPPR proof of residence for 2011, 2012, 2013.

According to solicitor, County Council cannot issue the certificate of discharge as the previous owners only sorted the year 2009.
2010 remains open.

The solicitor involved in the sale has now retired.

Who is responsible for sorting 2009's NPPR? Could this fall to current owners even though they did not own the house at this time?

Thanks.

Usually your Solicitor won't allow you sign/draw down mortgage unless proof of compliance with NPPR by previous owners or your own commitment to sort out the relevant year is provided. Is there anything in your original legal documentation (have you asked your retired solicitor for copies of material) that shows that this stage was completed?
I would presume GDPR would entitle you to get your own file from your solicitor?

Usually your Solicitor won't allow you sign/draw down mortgage unless proof of compliance with NPPR by previous owners or your own commitment to sort out the relevant year is provided. Is there anything in your original legal documentation (have you asked your retired solicitor for copies of material) that shows that this stage was completed?
I would presume GDPR would entitle you to get your own file from your solicitor?
Thank you.

Current solicitor has obtained title deeds from bank and liaised with Council who say one year is outstanding. I understood the files from retired solicitor would be the same? Though good idea to request those files from retired solicitor if not.

We had a similar issue but got lucky in that I had an email address for the last owner and they very kindly applied for the years that were missing.

Our solicitor didn’t ask for proof of NPPR from the last owner when we were closing snd this only came to light when we tried to switch the mortgage. The new solicitor was more diligent but it came down to having a “clean” title for the bank.

Back