Northwood Santry

F

Fluffy

Hi there
Does anyone live here we are looking at a penthouse and was wondering what the area is like to live?
is there noise from flight path, it is bearable etc. any info welcome.

Not sure about flight noise from Santry, Northwood but the Maynooth train line runs behind the house where I am at the moment. I'd less maybe 50 to 60 feet from the back of the garden. You wouldn't even notice it. It just becomes part of the background noise. Though when we have visitors sometimes they mention it...though we wouldn't notice a thing. With trains they usually slow down at night anyway.

I don't think there are flights late at night. They stop for a period of time...that used to be the case when I worked in Dublin airport but it may have changed now. Have a look at the aer rianta website for departures, arrivals times. Or contact Aer Rianta directly. Travel up to the area and see what you think of the noise if there is any. Go to one of the restaurants or have a drink in the Crowne Plaza hotel...you'd be inside then and could see for yourself.

How much for a penthouse do you mind me asking?

I know the Northwood site, nice hotel and restaurant on the way in from the Santry side. I would not think that you would have any issues with the flight path as most of the planes come in over Clonshaugh from the Baldoyle region, however takeoff or circling may affect you but I think you are too far away. If you go up to Clonshaugh and head for the Ballymun road you will see plenty of viewing sites beside the runway to see the exact path of the planes, just follow that road around the airport, you could also ask some of the "anoraks" plane spotters for information.

How many apartments are they building in total?

hey there are varied in price but not too bad all under 400k, which concerns me, would this be a bad area, as in general in dublin you wouldn't get a stamp for less than 500?
thanks

Hi I live nearby, it's a nice area. The only thing that I would bear in mind is convenience for public transport etc., probably a good ten minute walk to a bus stop. I think I might have been spoiled growing up where I did, really ten minutes to a bus is not far to walk if you consider you'd have to do the same to get to a bus from the back of Collinswood, Beaumont Woods or Marino.

There seem to be nice residents living there too, and if you go into the bar of the Crowne Plaza hotel in the evening you'll even get to meet some of the locals.. this might be a good idea. Sit at the bar and you'll probably meet some older people who have moved there to downsize, as I did one night - they seemed very friendly and happy with their new home and new local!

One thing I notice is parking spaces may be tight? Have you walked around Santry Woods? It's a lovely walk. If you walk down towards the Ballymun M50 end of the avenue there you'll see lots of rabbits running round, it's lovely to be so in touch with nature!

Nice area.
Dont worry about planes.
Even though they only seem to stop between 3am and 5am they dont always fly on the same path.
When they do you wont notice at all.
Your brain gets used to these sounds and filters them out. Visitors will notice though somtimes.
Ever tried to sleep in a strange house with a grandfather clock :) You hear it but the people who live there dont.

Hi,

This would be an excellent investment or place to live. Santry is currently the 7th most sought after place to live in Dublin. Due to location, location, location (Dublin Airport, Beaumont Hospital, DCU, City Centre, Omni Shopping centre and cinemas)

I'd say its a great area....what size is the penthouse? I have heard tell that a rather famous author lives in one of the penthouses there....She with a fairly famous father..

Pexus1976 said:
Hi,
Santry is currently the 7th most sought after place to live in Dublin. Due to location, location, location (Dublin Airport, Beaumont Hospital, DCU, City Centre, Omni Shopping centre and cinemas)

where could one see such a list?

Lauren said:
I'd say its a great area....what size is the penthouse? I have heard tell that a rather famous author lives in one of the penthouses there....She with a fairly famous father..

I'm a bit dumb, could I have another clue??
I think I might know?, does she write Chick Lit?

Fluffy have you read the Lymewood Mews thread? That's in Northwood...

Anyway, I live there and although we see planes from time to time you never hear them - having said that, we're not up as high as the penthouse!

Fluffy
Just to agree with the above posts I just bought up in Northwood I live in Beaumont at present , it seems a nice area very green with park etc. and locals seem nice walked around the place few times and went for drink in Crowne Plaza friend lives there at present . and seemly flight noise not an issue accroding to locals the main flight paths are not directly over Northwood

Flights occasionally go over east side of park-I think it is when there is an easterly as planes can't then use main runway.

Newkid30...I've never read any of hers..but I think you would call it Chicklit...I do have other names for it but hey, who am I to critisize!? She's making heaps of money out of it.....

There is a new phase being launched called Lymewood Hall - Hok are selling it.

Hi Edger
Do you know whre there planning to build the New Apartments are they on the site oppsite the old folks home are some where else in the development ?
Cheers
The Badger

Hi
Just to let u all know , u might seen this already on the Lymewood thread, but HOK have started marketing a neighborhood retail scheme within Northwood Development , it will have 6 retail units , and they expect it to include a convenience stores, pharmacy, hairdresser etc.

Please disclose any relevant conflicts of interest as per . Your IP address suggests that you work for HOK.

edgar.p.mint said:
I do work in HOK's office but not in that department. I was just answering Badgers Question - no conflict of interest.

Of course theres a conflict of interest! If you work for HOK then you are a representative of that company, full stop. Calling the company you work for, "Them" or "they" is a misrepresentation of who you are, you have been pretending to be a punter on this forum while constantly throwing in phrases like "i think HOK are selling" "give them a call" "" I saw it on the web". Most of your posts include these phrases. Only after you were nabbed by Clubman did you reveal yourself.

Lauren said:
Looks like she's moving..(see the Irish Times Property Print Edition.)..

Back