non resident bank account

Re: non resident accounts

oooooooooooooooooohhhhhh I've gone and done it now, pissed poor old saint pious O the first off.

Tax evasion is tax evasion. Good luck. I'll keep an eye out for your name in the papers and Stubb's...

Re: non etc

A nom de plume might be of more use.

Re: non etc

Lads I'm closing this thread as the original query has been comprehensively answered.

Hi everyone,

I´m a newbie, so if this is not in the correct place please forgive me.

I live in Spain [Canary Islands] and was wanting to open a Bank Account with an Irish Bank, however there are no longer any Branches here.

I´m completely disillusioned with the Spainsh Banking System, and as Ireland does accommodate Enlish speaking people, more than other European countries, and is Euro trading, like Spain, an Irish Bank would appear to be the best option.

I understand some Irish Banks offer non-resident postal/internet accounts, but I'm having difficulty finding one. The main reason seems to be that in the past most non-residents have open accounts purely for taxation benefits, and as such those Banks are looking for min investments of €5,000 plus.

All I want is a "Normal" day to day account, as I don´t have large sums of money to stash away!

Can anyone suggest, or know of a Bank which offers non-resident accounts which do not need a min investment of €5,000 please?

Roger Murdoch

Back