nokia c02

biddy123

Hi, bought two of these online from DID about 8 weeks ago, worse phones ever. Calls/ messages not coming through on whatsapp or messenger. Calls dropping during calls, glitchy, slow... brought them back to the shop yesterday, fella said what did I expect, they were entry level phones and would send them off to see if they were faulty. Do I have any other comeback if they say they are not faulty?

I'd say you have comeback as they weren't of merchantable quality. If calls, texts and WhatsApps aren't coming through, then it can hardly be described as a working phone

I'd say you have comeback as they weren't of merchantable quality. If calls, texts and WhatsApps aren't coming through, then it can hardly be described as a working phone
Problems like that could also be a network rather than a phone issue.

According to Nokia website the phone "is built to stand the test of time" :rolleyes:
Bottom line is it doesn't matter if it is the most expensive or the cheapest phone if it isn't doing what it is supposed to do and its the phones fault then under the sales of goods act you are entitled to a repair, an exchange for a new one or your money back

Last edited:
Never had a network issue with the last phone (only decided to change it, because the screen was cracked and it was 5 years old). No one else in the house had an issue, only with the 2 new nokia phones!

Problems like that could also be a network rather than a phone issue.
I guess that if home WiFi is reliable and there are the same problems with Whatsapp on WiFi then it shouldn't be a network problem.

The OP doesn need to stand their ground. Your contract is with DID not Nokia. You are not expecting to do high level gaming on the phone, just calls, texts and Whatsapp. You can absolutely expect these to work. If it comes back as 'not faulty', then the assessment is looking at the wrong question. If it can't do it's basic job, it IS faulty. You're entitled to a refund (not just a repair, replacement or credit note). Enforcing this is less than easy if DID is uncooperative, but an email to the CEO may resolve it if necessary.

Back