'no fees' mortgage, can anyone shed some light?

Hi guys, thanks for the advice. Really appreciated! Got in touch with broker and was told that bank made mistake with fees and cheque would be sent out refunding them to me shortly. Basically exact same story as my friend. Hope this isn't a sign of how they usually do business!! :rolleyes: Just have to hope cheque arrives without any more calls/ emails!

Basically exact same story as my friend. Hope this isn't a sign of how they usually do business!! :rolleyes:

The cynic in me would suspect this is exactly how they do business. Plenty of people out there who either wouldn't notice or would assume they were somehow wrong and never follow it up...

was just talking to a friend of mine who did pretty much same thing as me and was charged fees as well. she rang broker to query and they said that bank should send seperate cheque on to refund fees in next while.

an update on this and more advise needed! there was no sign of cheque being sent to my friend so numerous calls made to broker. eventually was told that she had signed wrong forms in solicitors and therefore fees being charged. she assumed forms that were there were the correct ones and signed them. basically the broker had sent the wrong forms but shes being stung for the fees. Is there anything she can do? I know you should always check what you're signing but if broker made the mistake surely not her fault????

Denise,

this is all sounding very strange to be honest.

basically the broker had sent the wrong forms but shes being stung for the fees
brokers do not send any forms to solicitors all documents for the mortgage will be sent from the lender to the solicitor.

Without knowing all the details, I'm guessing the broker did not process this as a fee's free mortgage at all, and is back tracking and making excuses.

originally broker said
Got in touch with broker and was told that bank made mistake with fees and cheque would be sent out refunding them to me shortly

now broker is saying

eventually was told that she had signed wrong forms in solicitors and therefore fees being charged

Denise. Let me get this right.

You signed the forms for what is probably the largest loan you have ever taken out.... and you didn't read the terms and conditions of that loan? Sorry but that's plain stupid.

Back