Nitro PDF ...

Patrick777

I was sent a document in Adobe and was able to open it using Adobe reader. However, it's a document I wanted to make changes to and then send on. I don't have the Adobe software to re-write the document and didn't want to lash out the €600/700/800 for the Adobe suite. So, I came across an earlier thread here in askaboutmoney about adobe and decided to give a 14 day trial using Nitro PDF. Using this nitro I am able to change the pdf document that I have been sent. That's great but I do have 2 questions.

1. Since changing to the trial with Nitro, all my pdf documents on my pc are now in Nitro, not adobe ... how do I change this back?

2. I could be sending these pdf documents to possible customers ... given the pdf is now in Nitro ... does this mean any customer I send it to, needs to have Nitro also? If so, it would restrict customers looking at this file because I would say very few people have Nitro.
So then am I as well off then paying out the money to Adobe as most pcs have Adobe reader and are able to open an adobe pdf file?

You have saved the file as a Nitro file, correct ?
Try to open it using Adobe reader. If it works, then don't bother changing. If it doesn't you'll need to buy Acrobat or get all your clients to download Nitro so they can read your stuff (not a good idea.)

What's the post script?

- if it's .pdf then any pdf reader can be used - doesn't ahve to be adobe or Nitro!

What's the post script?

- if it's .pdf then any pdf reader can be used - doesn't ahve to be adobe or Nitro!
I think you mean the file extension.

I believe that the OP's installation of Nitro has caused an over-ride that makes Nitro the default application for all files with the .pdf file extension on that computer.

It should not have any effect on recipients of .pdf files generated or modified on OP's computer (assuming Nitro doesn't mangle the file internals or protocols).

1. Since changing to the trial with Nitro, all my pdf documents on my pc are now in Nitro, not adobe ... how do I change this back?

Right-click the file, click 'Open With' in the drop down menu and click 'Choose Program...' in the list of options. In the dialog box that comes up choose Adobe Acrobat from the list (or browse to select the program if it is not in the list), click the 'Always use the selected program...' check box to make this the default. Click OK.

given the pdf is now in Nitro ... does this mean any customer I send it to, needs to have Nitro also?

No.

Back