New vertical radiators will not heat up

Boycee

Hi folks just a quick question which I home someone can help me with , I bought 3 vertical rads and installed them in house (single story)very hot water on flow but tepid on the return also the 3 vertical rads warm at bottom nothing at the top took out the bleed valve and nothing no air or watet ,the expansion tank in the attic is full also.

Who installed them or did you install them yourself? Can you get the plumber back to look at it if a plumber did it?

I think so it all looks good , I have a guy coming tomorrow so hopefully I'll get sorted before i pull the rest of my hair out(if I had any) ho ho. I will keep ye updated.

Sounds like insufficient water in the system, is there a valve closed on the pipe from the expansion tank? Once that is in order, make sure you re-balance the system.

Yeah that's what I thought ,hopefully I'll find out tomorrow, thanks for all you're replies.

Could be an airlock. Try closing every radiotor expect one of new ones and see if it fills.

Hi all thanks for all the replies , just an update on my vertical rads not heating up . What i had to do was fill up 1 vertical rad with a garden hose through the bleed valve port as I did so air started to bleed through the bleed valve on the other 2 vertical rads, when the water came out i closed the valves , took out the hose as quickly as possible to keep as much water in the rad screwed in the bleed plug and good to go ,all rads heating up just have to be balanced now. There was 2 of us doing the job not just myself. Thanks for all your replies hope this helps someone in the future.

Back