New Investec 6 Month Term Deposit - 4.25%

Investec have launched a new 6 month term deposit rate today at 4.25%.

[broken link removed]

This is a drop of about 1.25% on their last term deposit offer but still appears to be the best rate on the market for a 6 month term deposit.

INBS Fixed Term share 6 months 4.5%?

Ah yes. Forgot about this one. INBS are higher for now at least. I assume Investec have priced in a likely 50 BPS ECB cut into their new rate.

I have updated the best term deposit buys thread ...

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=101813

Best Buys - Highest Term Deposit Rates

6 Months - Irish Nationwide - 4.50%
1 Year - Anglo-Irish Bank - 4.90%
2 Years - Anglo-Irish Bank - 3.50%
3 Years - An Post - 4.19%
5.5 Years - An Post - 4.58%

can you have more than 1 fixed term account at the same time? already have one (5.5%) but have would like to open another for money I have coming from a Halifax fixed term.

6 month term deposit rate will drop to 4.0% next Monday 4.5.09

There's a 12 month term deposit at 4.5%

Was at the bank today.

I got the confirmation of the new rate as well.

Second best 1 year term deposit rate at 4.50%. Shame about the drop in the 6 month term deposit rate.

The best buys post has been updated

Investec
6 Months 4.25% - Changes to 4.00% from close of business May 1st 2009.
1 Year 4.50%
Note that Investec fall under the UK deposit protection scheme which currently guarantees up to Stg£50,000.

:( I was going to lodge into this next week!!!

You can still do it tomorrow or perhaps consider INBS at 4.50% for a 6 months term deposit.

IS it not slightly misleading to mention any of the 6 month terms with the yearly interest rate?

eg no point in telling people they can get 4.25% with the Investec offer, when you actually really get 2.125%.

No - by stating the annual rate for all products you can easily compare across products with different terms. To do it any other way, however, would be misleading imho.

Back