New Business - Point of Sale?

JMR

I am looking into the possibility of importing a product for resale to consumers in Ireland.
The approach I would be taking is the placement of product literature in a relatively small number of locations where the prospective customer gathers.
I do not have sales premises so the obvious method for completing the sale is to direct the customer to a website......

How easy / difficult / expensive is it to setup a relatively basic website which includes payment facility (paypal etc)?

On the delivery side, how does this work?
Do I make arrangements with a logistics company that on different days I could be delivering different numbers, if any?
Do they supply the boxes or do I source them elsewhere?

Thanks

Easy to set up a site, lots of online of the shelf web solutions including Ebay and Paypal for payments..

for your own website using an off the shelf package, I would have a minimum of €1000 plus the payment gateway costs, cant help on delivery.. most proper use post to start with..

Most online companies seem to favour delivery to their office first, then local delivery. I'm sure there's a very good reason for this, probably control of the market and mark-up. But this opens up your company to the expenses of a holding premises, payment of rates, transportation deadlines, etc.

Back