New Business - I am confused about Revenue returns

MeathC, have you requested your own Tax credits for the year from the revenue and uploaded them to Sage? Is your wife currently working? If not you can get her tax credits transferred across to you. This will also increase the lower 20% tax band to €42,800.

What is your PRSI code? As you are the sole director I am pretty sure this should be S1 and should not be paying employer PRSI.

As you are the only employee being paid through the company your P30 quarterly returns should be identical for the 4 periods unless there is a change in your personal circumstances or the tax rates/allowances. Sage will allow you to generate P30 reports that can be copied directly to ROS.

If your accountant is not willing to do this for you I would consider getting rid of them and asking someone who does know. Your needs seem to be straight forward and uncomplicated.

MeathC, have you requested your own Tax credits for the year from the revenue and uploaded them to Sage? Is your wife currently working? If not you can get her tax credits transferred across to you. This will also increase the lower 20% tax band to €42,800.

What is your PRSI code? As you are the sole director I am pretty sure this should be S1 and should not be paying employer PRSI.

As you are the only employee being paid through the company your P30 quarterly returns should be identical for the 4 periods unless there is a change in your personal circumstances or the tax rates/allowances. Sage will allow you to generate P30 reports that can be copied directly to ROS.

If your accountant is not willing to do this for you I would consider getting rid of them and asking someone who does know. Your needs seem to be straight forward and uncomplicated.

No. I have estimated the tax credits based on info seen on PAYE Anytime. I have confirmed them with my accountant and he says they are correct. My wife is working. She is self employed. Only earns a very small income of around €15k gross per annum (minding her elderly father most of the time). I intend carrying over her tax credits. I am under class S1. Yes. I am sole director and not paying employer PRSI. I am the only paid employee. My wife is secretary in name, but not being paid a salary. I didn't start getting contract wages until mid March so I set up my first drawings only a few days ago, so there may not be uniform quarterly returns. I had a bit of money saved from my previous job, so didn't have to take drawings from the business straight away. On Sage, I have ticked that I am a director and also an employee. Thanks for your advice. I am really enjoying the process of fiddling with ROS and all the other parts that go with it. I am looking forward to getting more streamlined.

Last edited:
I would contact the revenue and get them to transfer over your tax credits to the new company if you have not already done this. After a day or two you will be listed as an employee on ROS and all your tax information can be downloaded off the site and uploaded to SAGE. T

If you did not draw a wage until March this year your credits for each month will be higher as your allowance for the year will be over 10 periods and not 12.

If you have not already done so fill out the assessable spouse election form and send to your local tax office. This is to get yourself and your wife jointly assessed and will enable you to transfer over her tax credits.

I would contact the revenue and get them to transfer over your tax credits to the new company if you have not already done this. After a day or two you will be listed as an employee on ROS and all your tax information can be downloaded off the site and uploaded to SAGE. T

If you did not draw a wage until March this year your credits for each month will be higher as your allowance for the year will be over 10 periods and not 12.

If you have not already done so fill out the assessable spouse election form and send to your local tax office. This is to get yourself and your wife jointly assessed and will enable you to transfer over her tax credits.

Thanks for this. We are already jointly assessed as my wife has been self employed for the last 10 years.

The info on the PAYE Anytime site for me doesn't look current. It is relevant to my last job which was a six month contract from June to December last year. It was a contract through an agency. Is it important that they have up to date information on PAYE Anytime? I have registered the company and I have the VAT number etc. I am registered for ROS and all is correct here. So far my only interaction with ROS have been a zero return to VAT3 and P30 (I hadn't received any income or done any drawings by either deadline). My next VAT3 return is due after the weekend, and I will have money to declare here. Similarly with the next P30.

I would ring the revenue and just make sure that they have you listed as an employee of the new company. All you need to do is give them your PPSN and the Employer Registration number and ask them to transfer if is has not been done yet. Once this is done it may take a day or two to be updates on the company ROS.

To get the employee details on the company ROS log in. Revenue Record- PAYE & USC P2C Details- Search under registration details for current year- export complete list and save.

To upload to Micropay (I have the professional version so may be different). Miscellaneous- tax credit import- browse for file saved from ROS- upload.

This should automatically allocate your tax credits for the rest of the year.

Back