New Anglo Premium Demand Account.

Has anybody verified if you can do electronic transfers from Anglo Connect with this account?
As far as I can see AngloConnect only allows you to check balances and other account details. It's not really an online banking system. At least not from what I can see anyway.
I've rang Anglo Irish but the representive didn't know. She also didn't know if I could set this up over the phone as an existing customer like I did the 8% regular saver issue 2 last week.
You should be able to if you signed the declaration on previous application forms mandating them to open accounts on verbal/emailed instruction into the future.

Thanks Clubman. Anglo called back. You are correct about Anglo Connect. It is viewing only. You have to ring or email to make transfers. I wasn't able to set it up over the phone because apparently the mandate is different for the premium demand than for the regular saver. They are emailing me the new mandate now

Strange. Or maybe I'm misinterpreting your situation? I had a Regular Saver Issue 1 (the "7%" account) and was able to open a Premium Demand account by email.

Raul - Why wait for the e-mail? - Anglo's new mandate is [broken link removed]

It looks from the entry on the bottom right of the 2nd page, as if it was revised in July 2008.

Strange. Or maybe I'm misinterpreting your situation? I had a Regular Saver Issue 1 (the "7%" account) and was able to open a Premium Demand account by email.

They said it had to be posted back to them. You just probably got a more accomodating Anglo rep :) I did ask about setting it up like I did with the issue 2 one over the phone but she said it was a different mandate so I needed to send it in again.

Raul - Why wait for the e-mail? - Anglo's new mandate is [broken link removed]

Thanks. I got the email straightaway anyway so doesn't matter either way.

Yes thats the one. My point however related to the account number for transferring proceeds into the new Anglo account.

As for your explanation on Interest accrual - the Anglo customer service people need to brush up on their ability to explain how/when interest is paid.. :p

Did they not know when interest was applied to the account????
I've always found them to be very well versed!

Just back from Stephens Green branch after opening my account and got some good news -

AER has gone up from 5.3% to 5.5% and the balance this applies to has gone up from 20k to 100k.

AER has gone up from 5.3% to 5.5% and the balance this applies to has gone up from 20k to 100k.

Funny that their max ( 20->100k) has gone up exactly in line with the max protected by govt deposit protection scheme. :)

Hi,

Is it actually worth opeing a Premium Demand Account with Anglo, in view of the fact that the T&C's state that the 5.5% rate will only apply until 1st Jan, after which the "prevailing rate" (whatever that is) will apply?

thanks

Well you can avail of the 5.5% rate on demand deposits for now and then switch if their rate is not the best or competitive in January!

Back