need for sick cert

Zeus2020

hope somebody can advise me i was off sick last week for one day i phone admin office( hse ) to inform then that i was resuming duty the following day then i was on days off and my next day to work was today but yesteday felt unwell so had to phone in sick,, i have done antigen and its positive, now the office wants cert to cover from last week but does not feel right as i wasnt sick could somebody please advise i phone the doctor office and they said i only need cert for the one day and a weeks cert to cover this week

MTWTFSS is normal working week.
You are sick on Friday but are back on Monday then you are sick for just 1 day, so no cert should be needed.
If you are sick on Friday and the following Monday (FSSM) this is counted as 4 days and probably will need a cert.

But your post is slightly unclear as you seem to indicate that you were sick for a day, resumed work for a day, went on rest days then went sick again.

Also you mention an antigen test you need to check the relevant HSE covid protocols that apply to you.

The HSE is normally very good at providing a policy for the management of sick leave and it’s likely that it was provided to you on commencement. It should certainly be available from your HR Unit.

Without sight of the policy, it’s likely that if you weren’t back at work (for whatever reason) between the two sick absences, it is treated as a single absence.

The duration of the sick absence will be the period from the first sick day to the day before you resume. So, for example, if your first sick day was last Friday, and you go back to work tomorrow, this will be regarded as a 7 day absence (Friday to Thursday inclusive). As such, you’ll need a medical certificate.

Back