Need advise Re:Unemplyoment payments

K

Kelly#82

My partner has been out of work the past wk with his back he is kitchen fitter and boss said he is no good to him as he can not do the job any longer. My question is can he apply for UB or UA? also our landlord called last night and told us house is for sale and they want us to move out asap we are not married we have one chid together and we both have one child each from previous relationships. we had applied for house on the affordable housing scheme but will not be able to go ahead now as have no income coming in. Does anyone know if the council can help us with housing? We are paying rent by standing order should i cancel this and ask about rent allowance we have to move out with in the next few wks, we did not pay deposit on house we are renting as it was not in great condition and needed few bits done so have none to help with renting another house.
Sorry if post isnt making much sence, my head is all over the place at the moment, any advise appreciated.

If your partner has been let go from his job and is available for work, then he can sign on and claim Jobseeker's Allowance or Benefit at the local Social Welfare Office. If he's unfit for work (depending on how bad his back is), he might qualify for Illness Benefit (by sending medical certs into Social Welfare), or if you're available for work, you could sign on.

If there's a delay in getting a social welfare payment, or if you need help with rent, contact the local Community Welfare Officer at the nearest health centre. S/he may also consider assistance towards a deposit for you at a new address.

When you're with the Community Welfare Officer, ask about a medical card and the back to school clothing scheme.

Last edited:
Kelly, Get your partner to go in and apply for disability benefit/ allowance if he is unable to work or UA/UB if he is able to work. Benefit is awarded if he has paid enough PRSI contr(stamps). The allowance is based on what money you have coming in. He should also claim for you and his and your children as dependants. I would suggest he( or you) also visit the Community welfare officer in your area and explain your situation. You should be enitiled to rent allowance if you rent a house under a certain rent limit and the Community welfare officer may be able to help with other expenses and possibly even the deposit. They will also help you by ensuring you receive a minimum welfare payment while your partners entitlment is being worked out. You need to know what you can claim and how much (eg what the rent limit for your area is) before you can make decisions and further plans.

Thanks a mill guys going to go to CWO now before they close at 12.30.

Thanks a mill guys going to go to CWO now before they close at 12.30.

CWO may not pay you unless you have a claim for Sw lodged, at least. Did your partner go to the doc and get his med cert adnb claim into SW? when he is fit, he can sign on for Jobseeker's Benefit/Allowance.

Hi yeah he got doc cert and when we went into CWO he took form and cert and gave us a payment, so got it sorted. Thanks

Back