Motor NCB with Named Drivers Exp

yrag2e

Hi there,

hopefully someone can help me with this. Been going around in circles.

I've been driving and insured for the previous 8 years. 5 Years Full license and 3 year prov.

I've been with 2 companies. Never had any accidents, claims, penalty points etc etc. Full clean license, should have some NCB built up.

The problem is, apparently I don't.

The last 2 years I've not had my own car so I was down as named driver on another car. I went straight from own insurance policy to named driver. I assumed my NCB would carry over as I am still insured and driving. Apparently it hasn't and the only discounts I have is 2 years named driver insurance.

I am finding it very hard to find a reasonable insurance quote as no insurer recognises my driving experience.

My mother has named drivers experience on the same car and she has 10 years NCB from the same company.

Your NCB is 'valid' for two years.

You lapsed/cancelled your own policy and are now a named driver on another's policy. The underwriters of that policy will probably give you a two year NCB. If they are the same company as you yourself were with, you might be able to appeal to them to be lenient with you and give you back the full NCB.

Depending on when your policy in your own name finished, will depend on what companies will allow you. If the policy was cancelled over 2 years ago, most companies won't allow your no claim bonus. Setanta insurance will allow a no claim bonus up to 3 years (you will need to go through a broker to get access to them).

No real need for your broker to be based in Dublin; your business will be done by 'phone or in writing anyway.

I've been shopping around for years but always found the best to be AA - 6179950 is their number. Have no affiliation, but always found them to do the leg work

Thanks folks!

Great advice. Got someone to recognise my driving experience and NCB

Back