National Irish Bank new system

Hasslehoff

Has anyone else besides me had problems with the new NIB system. I have been informed that their new system takes 1 day longer to process bank transfers such as wages. i have had numerous delays seeing laser transactions hit my account and visa transactions.
I was told that the new system would be same day but it seems that it is problematic , any else advise on a feebank account, Ulster, Boi any good? dont like TSB and AIB

Seems strange that the new system takes an extra day. My experience of the new system is lots of teething problems, but most of which have settled down over the last number of weeks.

I presume that you have aired your grievances to your branch? I know that there are some positives and negatives to the new set-up, positive
  • being able to get same-day value for e-banking transfers to VISA account,
  • interest on your accounts more than 0.1% as previous - although you have to ask for the particular new package to get it,
  • online share trading at 20eur for small deals
negatives
  • half the branch staff not knowing what they are doing! - well, at least they should learn new systems over time,
  • questionable details of whether Freebank is still free for bill payments
  • draft issuance now no longer on demand
I think as with everything, weigh up the pro's and con's. Above all, given the bank's "teething problems", seek clarification on all issues.

marksa said:
  • questionable details of whether Freebank is still free for bill payments
Has anyone been able to get a definitive answer on this one way or the other? (E.g. with a monthly statement from NIB, since counter staff and the bank's literature seem to be contradicting each other.)

Back