N26 Launch Savings Account Paying 2.80% to 4.00% less fees

Are the prices for the various accounts wrong in that article?

According to the app (at least for me) the prices per month are;

Smart €3.90
You €7.90
Metal €13.50

Smart €3.90
You €7.90
Metal €13.50
I am being charged 5.90 p month for a you account.

Its a hell of a lot more secure than Bunq, doest seem to be much in the way of 2 step authentication there

No deposit limit for people willing and able to risk having more than the DGS in one bank/fintech.

Smart €3.90
You €7.90
Metal €13.50
App showing these prices for me also.

But N26.com showing:

Smart €4.90
You €9.90
Metal €16.90

Strange

Digital bank N26 puts it up to Irish banks with instant access savings account paying 4pc
The 4% offering is only available if you pay €16.90 per month for a Metal Account
The rate is 2.8% for all other accounts: Standard (free), Smart (€4.90 monthly) and You (€9.90 monthly)

The savings are based off if you pay annually, biannually, or monthly, via their app for e.g. their most expensive plan (metal):

Metal Plan
Pay Annually: €13.50 /month (total €162.20 ?? weird /12 months)
Pay Biannually: €16.10 /month (total €96.30 /6 months)
Pay Monthly: €16.90 /month

The 4% offering is only available if you pay €16.90 per month for a Metal Account
The rate is 2.8% for all other accounts: Standard (free), Smart (€4.90 monthly) and You (€9.90 monthly)

In my case, it's actually worth paying the €13.50 /month for the metal plan to get the 4% for my house deposit (house won't be ready till end of the year). So after 5 months, I will be up money by paying for the metal card, after DIRT and PRSI - for the entire year - so I can pull out my savings then and still be up.

The savings are based off if you pay annually, biannually, or monthly, via their app for e.g. their most expensive plan (metal):

Metal Plan
Pay Annually: €13.50 /month (total €162.20 ?? weird /12 months)
Pay Biannually: €16.10 /month (total €96.30 /6 months)
Pay Monthly: €16.90 /month
Thanks. Interesting that they don't make that very clear, and advertise the cheapest monthly rate without making it clear that this is based on an annual up front payment.

Agreed. Very straight forward to set up for existing clients.

It is created as a "space" which is a form of sub account. However it does get a separate IBAN.

Does any one want to do the math on how much money you need to have saved there for it to make sense to pay extra for the Smart/You/Metal account to get more interest

Does any one want to do the math on how much money you need to have saved there for it to make sense to pay extra for the Smart/You/Metal account to get more interest

This is a copy of what I used to calculate my situation:

So for me, it's profitable after 5 months when purchasing the metal plan for the year with €65k sitting in it.

FYI the metal plan is the only one with increased interest rates at 4% - all others including the free one is 2.8%

To follow up, it becomes profitable to have the metal plan if you have €22k or more (for an entire year - not accounting for compounding)

Plus nice bonus of free travel insurance and mobile insurance in your first 2 years of owning the phone. Anyone any insight on the other unlisted special offers?

Plus nice bonus of free travel insurance and mobile insurance in your first 2 years of owning the phone. Anyone any insight on the other unlisted special offers?
Nothing else worth writing home about IMO. Can't screenshot their app or website when logged in but its perks like 4% off booking.com, 74% off Nord VPN and other pretty useless 'perks' tbh.

Back