My media training

Brendan, I admit I'm a person of many words and plead guilty to long winded meandering posts since I joined 10/12 years ago. But, when I get something wrong I admit it, a trait with which I have no problem and where necessary I offer sincere apologies. I would expect others to do the same. Again for the umpteenth time +1, I gave no "clear message" that you had "made of fool" of yourself. I repeat these are your words and not mine.

I regret to say that you have done me a dreadful service by misquoting me and worse again you won't admit it. This is in spite of many clarifications that I posted.

Tell you what Brendan, in the interests of this forum and its contributors let's call it quits on the matter. I look forward to the findings of your complaints re some RTE programmes and then I'll comment more with meandering and many words i.e I'll tell the truth.

As regard my training regarding dealing with media etc I'll include such info in my autobiography. So you'll have to wait.

How about speaking with integrity, purpose and character?
That really is just a nonsense point, and I mean that in its simplest sense.

Public discourse is not about the speakers integrity etc, its not about you its about the topic. If you approach public debate with your personal integrity etc foremost in your mind you come across, understandably, as self obsessed.

Hi Bronte

Sorry to break it to you, but the old rich don't mix with the likes of you.

Brendan
I know this is way off thread, but hey what has any of this to do with the forum.

'The old rich', in my experience the old rich in Ireland, are not actually all that rich. Wealth in Ireland has been in the form of land, there was very little industry or other assets to own in this country even 50 years ago. Mostly their descendants are prosperous professionals rather than the current wealthy.

Of course that doesn't mean they mix socially with the common folk. ;)

That's probably the saddest thing I've read today.
I would not agree that it is sad. You would probably accept that 'ad hominem' arguments are undesirable, but your emphasis on the integrity etc. of the speaker is just a 'pro hominem' argument, in a speakers own cause.

I would not agree that it is sad. You would probably accept that 'ad hominem' arguments are undesirable,...............
100% agree, while one would like to think that most logical thinking adults would have little time for 'ad hominem' arguments, you may be surprised the amount of people that 'employ' it. The topic being discussed or argued takes a back seat and quite often becomes irrelevant .
That, is what is sad.

It might prove too difficult for you to read without illustrations
A couple of simple illustrations may indeed help... though a picture paints a thousand words so there'll be few enough words needed after said sketches.

No!

Whatever you do, Lep - don't listen to Purpple and certainly don't do illustrations! They are open to interpretation.

Far better to put your words down in black and white for all to see. That way, no one can say that you said something that you simply did not say....……...at least not legitimately! You may well think that my caution is excessive but believe me, it can and does happen!;)

Not to sure if this is a good idea for Lep without some serious editing otherwise we're going to end up with an autobiography the size of War & Peace :D
The total word count in War and Peace would probably take up the first four years of my life. However, I'll type it slower so that Purple can keep up with it. I'm stuck for the title of the autobiography though.

Leper,

Yet again, I feel compelled to give you advice regarding Purple.

There is absolutely no need to type it slower. Honestly, you can type as fast as you like so long as...….and this is the really important bit...……...you imply to said named occasional poster that he wouldn't understand it. Guaranteed (by Davy Stockbrokers) to do the trick! Not a word of complaint will you hear from him.

The total word count in War and Peace would probably take up the first four years of my life. However, I'll type it slower so that Purple can keep up with it. I'm stuck for the title of the autobiography though.
Don't worry, a good editor will remove the dead wood so it should be no more than a few pages. ;)

Back