My FIREBIRD HEATPAC BOILER 90/120 is not working

The 2 tanks are full and there is water going through every pipe in the house, there is just no hot water going to the taps in upstairs bathroom, them 2 tanks were empty yesterday and are full today, I have pressed the reset button on the cylinder and it's on the + symbol also, when I try to fire up the boiler it's starting for a few seconds and as soon as its try's to fire up it's making a strange sound and not firing at all now, have you any ideas, I will get a plumber in if I can't resolve this thanks .

Good morning, the 2 tanks are full in the attic, and all the system is full if water everywhere in the house, the problem now is that the boiler is not even firing up now, so at least we can say there is a new problem because this hasn't happened before, the boiler might just need a service part, probably something to ignite the flame inside the boiler because it's turning on but it's just not firing up now at all (rads won't heat up). There was no hot water coming from the taps anywhere even when I had the heating on for about 20 mins, the cylinder was very hot and the 2 tanks upstairs were full but there was still no hot water, this isn't really bothering me at the moment, my priority is to get heating back on, everything seems to be working inside, I think it's the boiler, obviously now the water upstairs has made a difference because it used to fire up for a few mins before I connected the water and now it doesn't fire up at all, it keeps making that fan sound when you press in the red button but won't kick in and you can do it every minute or 2 same result, have you any ideas Shane if not I'll just go with the plumber, thanks for all this .

If the boiler is going to lock out, then it is a burner issue and not a circulation problem. It is also not gone out on the high limit stat.
If gone to lock out, then problem could be a number of things, i.e. photocell, oil pump, nozzle, solenoid coil, motor, etc. No way of knowing unless I was standing in front of the burner, seeing, listening and checking with my test equipment.

As I said it is time to call out somebody. There may be other issues with your overall heating system and it is best to get a professional to inspect and remedy. You could be causing more damage to the system by trying things that should not be without knowledge and experience. The boiler itself maybe air-locked. Did you open the air vent to release the air when you refilled the system. (This of course will be nothing to do with burner lock out)

Get somebody for your area listed here: http://www.ofteconline.com/locatecompanyIreland.asp

If the boiler is going to lock out, then it is a burner issue and not a circulation problem. It is also not gone out on the high limit stat.
If gone to lock out, then problem could be a number of things, i.e. photocell, oil pump, nozzle, solenoid coil, motor, etc. No way of knowing unless I was standing in front of the burner, seeing, listening and checking with my test equipment.

As I said it is time to call out somebody. There may be other issues with your overall heating system and it is best to get a professional to inspect and remedy. You could be causing more damage to the system by trying things that should not be without knowledge and experience. The boiler itself maybe air-locked. Did you open the air vent to release the air when you refilled the system. (This of course will be nothing to do with burner lock out)

Get somebody for your area listed here: http://www.ofteconline.com/locatecompanyIreland.asp

I have been following this thread and fair play Shane you have been informative.
I would be very carefull using the Oftec link though as I am fairly sure that not all oftec service technicians are qualified Plumbers and they will not be in a position to solve heating/plumbing problems. Some plumbers should stay a mile clear of gas/oil fired appliances as well!! Just a thought.

Yes of course, I have come across many OFTEC registered technicians and you are correct, they know nothing about heating systems and some even know less about burners!!! A certain company churned many of them in a few days turnaround.
As with everything, ask the questions on the initial phone call to them, "are you experienced in overall heating system probems or do you only fix burners, etc.?"

No problem Shane thanks for everything you didnt have to write to me and I really appreciate everything you've done, I will get a technician in soon as, talk to mate . . .

Back