Moyglare Hall, Maynooth Co Kildare

Gal1

Hi,
We are thinking of buying a house in Moyglare Hall in Phase 2.
There are two builders involved in the estate, Mycete and North City.
Just wondering if anyone has any views on the estate, particularly if
you are currently living there. Looked at the three bed end of terrace for 420,000 and the three bed mid terrace for 390,000.
What is the finish like etc. Currently own a house in Straffan Wood in Maynooth and think Albany Homes are dreadful.
Thanks
Gal1

Re: Moyglare Hall

Take a look at this link

[broken link removed]

We had paid a booking deposit for a 3 bed end of terrace house in Straffan and pulled out before we signed the contracts. We had looked at Moyglare Hall at the time and missed out on a 3 bed end of terrace.

I seem to recall the 4 beds were €375,000 in the first phase so it appears the houses in Moyglare are a good investment. The 3 bed mid terrace was €315,000 last September.

Hi
I don't know a lot about Moyglare Hall specifically excpet that traffic coming from the Moyglare Road is a nightmare at peak times. If you need to travel to the motorway for example you need to pass through about 5 sets of traffic lights. There are plans for a ring road apparently, not sure how far on that is but it might be worth investigating. I would visit the area at peak times to gauge for yourself what the traffic situation is. The development looks to be well designed and planned out
Have you though about Griffin Rath Manor either? I got an email from Coonans a few weeks ago saying there is a new launch-3 bed townhouses and duplexes are €380k. It seems to be finished to a high standard

Some well priced 2nd hand properties in Maynooth at the moment if you look up myhome.ie. Alot of them seem to be in Kingsbury, Brookefield and Beaufield for some reason though mostly under €381k too!!. The higher end seems to be Silken Vale or something like that. My sister is looking there at the moment so I'm helping her look. Anyone know why the 3 area's I mentioned are alot cheaper than other areas?. I haven't been in Maynooth for years.

Beaufield, Kingsbury and Brookview are cheaper because they have a large number of properties rented to students .

Is there going to be a new phase of Moyglare hall though?. Nothing on the net about it. Thanks for the info on those area's I mentioned, she is looking at one in Kingsbry tomorrow anyway and it looks nice. Also looking at one in Newtown Court.

Compared to existing houses in maynooth, moyglare hall is over-priced. Ok there is no stamp duty but its all the same on a resale, so if you pay 420 for your end of terrace now if you need to sell again in the next year of two you are competing with other three beds selling for 370 or 380. If you are a first time buyer you will get better value on a second hand under 381 even with the stamp duty. And Moyglare hall is not close to the train or the town centre, the only way out is through the main gate, a good 30min walk from the train/town

Just to add, from my experience of Maynooth, parking at and in and around the station is hard to come by after 7.30, so if you are planning on buying in Moyglare Hall and driving to the station, keep that in mind.

Hi,

The advice to go with 2nd hand housing is a good one in my opinion, much better value. You could even look for a place where an extension could be added (certainly not at end of terrace) incase you had to stay put in the future.

CCOVICH is right about the train parking. (Did you make the move into Maynooth, been a while since I was on here?)

I'd never go through the village a peak times. If you need to get to the M4 from Moyglare, head out past Moyglare Hall, turn right at cross roads, on for 3/4mile, right at T-junction, on for 3/4 mile on left towards Leixlip and onto M4 that way.

I'm back in Maynooth at the moment and making the journey to Leopardstown. Traffic is wicked from 7 on with the result that I'm leaving no later than 6.30. I'm in at 7, but I'd rather be there early than in the car for 1.5 hours.

CCOVICH is right about the train parking. (Did you make the move into Maynooth, been a while since I was on here?)

Yep-to the Moyglare Area-so far so good-thanks for all your help ixus.

There are a few secondhand houses for sale around the Moyglare Area at the moment-in and around/less than the same price as you would pay for an equivalent property in a new build like Moyglare Hall. Of course if stamp duty is an issue, then buying secondhand may not suit.

I walk to the train whenever weather permits, but it won't be for everyone.

Moyglare Hall

Hi,

I am thinking of buying in phase 2 of Moyglare in Maynooth .Does anyone know if there are a lot of phase 1 rented out to students?Im planning on living there myself.I was also looking at newtown hall
Thanks

Hi,

Can anyone help me out.As I said before we are buying a property in Moyglare Hall.We have now discovered that there is social housing going across the road.Agent advised us at time of purchase that there was only a possiblity of affordable...has anyone else experiance this?Thanks

The 'problem' of social housing could be discussed with a local political representative. I have dealt with John McGinley (Labour) on other local issues and found him helpful.

Back