Moving house/on social welfare

Gummiebear

I'm currently awaiting a decision on an application for carers allowance or carers benefit. I should get one of them as I'm in receipt of Domiciliary carers allowance for two of my four children who have complicated medical needs due to a chromosome deletion syndrome. I've reduced my working hours to under 14 hours per week. Hubby works full time on an average wage. I'm hoping someone here can answer two questions I have regarding moving house. We are half way through a 30 yr mortgage and have a great tracker rate with ptsb. We owe €180,000 and in our early 40s. Will we get to keep our tracker rate? Is carers and DCA considered a reckonable income? Are we crazy drawing this on us as we have a lot of stress in our lives? We really want to move out of our area as most homes are rented. It's too noisy for our children at night, though it is an upmarket area. We've had house valued at €420,000 TIA

Depending on which bank you are with they may offer a moving tracker rate i.e. They allow you to keep your tracker all be it at a slightly higher rate and for only a certain number of years. You would need to talk to them. Might only apply to negative equity mortgages.
Have you looked at houses you would be interested in buying and how much are they on for. What exactly is your husbands wage? You have great equity in your home but it all depends on actual earnings and how much your looking to purchase for.

Hi, thanks for reply. Dh's take home is €3400 and mine €2000p/m inclusive of carers. On top of that the DCA and child benefit. We did see a site yesterday with full pp for our dream house on dream location. Guide price is €4K +.

Back