Motor insurance renewal

The broker failed to comply with the 15 work day time stipulation to issue the renewal notice to the insured.
Hardly speculation, fact.

IMO, it is pure speculation on your behalf... not a fact.
Do you know for a fact when the brooker precisely dropped the renewal in the letter box?
Do you know for a fact that the postal network did no fail at delivering on time?

The only way to guarantee delivery would be to send by registered post... but them customers would complain that they have to go to the post office to collect their letter..

IMO, it is pure speculation on your behalf... not a fact.
Do you know for a fact when the brooker precisely dropped the renewal in the letter box?
Do you know for a fact that the postal network did no fail at delivering on time?

The only way to guarantee delivery would be to send by registered post... but them customers would complain that they have to go to the post office to collect their letter..

Well the information supplied by the first poster says that the renewal arrived, it was not a duplicate, therefore it was the original.

Well giving that it must be a minimumf 15 days, the broker will receive the renewal from the insurer approx 30-45 days prior to the insureds renewal date, more than sufficent time to issue it out.

Lazy and bad brokerage at best, as it is farcical to blame the post, it does not take over two weeks to deliver a letter anywhere in Ireland.

Alot of people bemoaning the late issue of renewal notice. If you want to get the best value in the Insurance Market it is best to take control of the situation and start the process yourself, contact your own broker/company first well in advance and start the shopping around. Working in the industry I would recommend that while car insurance is mainly price driven commodity, there are differences in quality. I would be looking at protected bonuses, breakdown assist, personal accident etc and of course claims handling reputation of the company. You can save €50 at renewal and end up paying a lot more if you have an accident especially if you are not fully informed on the product.

t does not take over two weeks to deliver a letter anywhere in Ireland.

I wish.... it tooks 3 weeks (mid Nov) for a large enveloppe to make it from Donegal to Dublin. (correct stamp amount was paid, so under payment was not the source of the delay).

I got my renewal today, 12 working days before renewal date. Letter was dated 17 December (!) but postmark says 18 January ie last Friday. Insurance is direct with company.

I have never received a renewal more than a week before renewal. With a broker too.
Complaining to IFSRA is pointless as they said they would do nothing about a single complaint and even then they would only send a letter telling him tp comply. Hardly a punishment at all.

Back