mother working, father on jobseekers benefit, what happens if?

construct_06

mother working, father on jobseekers benefit, what happens if? mother working, father on jobseekers benefit, what happens if mother loses her job. (looking likely)

they are married. father unemployed for 6 months or so, dont stamps run ou after a year?

will mother go on jobseekers benefit if she gets unemployed?

i presume once stamps run out for both they will be means tested as a couple and the total allowance for jobseekers allowance is approx. €200. But is this for one person or the couple?

Not sure if the above is correct or not just lookin for answers.

Thanks

Both can claim JB in their own right but are limited to the overall amount that somebody would recieve while claiming a adult allowance for a partner. when stamps run out, its the means test as a couple for them. don't know where you're getting €200?

i thought that approx €200 was the max jobseekers allowance payable? if not what is the figure, ie if you were means tested and found to be entitled to the full amount?

yeah, the maximum personal rate of payment is €204.30 (€100 if under 20). Then there may be a Qualifying Adult Allowance, maximum of €135.60. The maximum that a couple can get when both on SW would be €335.90.

where could i go to see what they might be entitled to? citizens information website? thanks for the info by the way...

Back