Most hated phrases & management speak

given that all the good ones are already taken...
"architecting" something
it's effin' designing and building ... architect is not an action word!

What annoys me is when people end they're sentence ..

I think that you're not the right person to be throwing these stones :D !

"Let's take it offline"
Meaning: you’ve brought up a subject that makes me look like an idiot, or there is someone else in the room I don’t want knowing about that issue or we want to talk about you behind your back.

I disagree. I find that phrase being used when 2 people engage in a discussion of a point in a level of detail that's not appropriate to the meeting.

New boss here made reference to 'injecting some velocity' to an administrative process.

I assume he didn't study Physics in school :rolleyes: ?

:DGordon strachan was once asked for a quick word after match interview.
He paused for a second and said
Velocity....thats a quick word and walked off

I hate when management says did "we" do this, or did "we" do that. Thing is, they're not doing anything! Also I hate when someone asks me to do something and then throws in "Yeah?" at the end, as if questioning my ability to comprehend what they've just said. That really gets me gritting my teeth!

Also I hate when someone asks me to do something and then throws in "Yeah?" at the end, as if questioning my ability to comprehend what they've just said. That really gets me gritting my teeth!

Oh god that makes me grit my teeth. Management also use ok? at the end of every sentence when they're explaining something, I suppose to sound nice and reassuring but actually sounding as if we're school children.

What gets on my goat is when wannabe managers drop in the name of the most senior manager into as many sentences as they can. e.g. head of IT is called Kevin...the wannabe would start spouting something like "and Kevin is really behind this initiative" or "Kevin is very happy with this direction".

What gets on my goat is when wannabe managers drop in the name of the most senior manager into as many sentences as they can. e.g. head of IT is called Kevin...the wannabe would start spouting something like "and Kevin is really behind this initiative" or "Kevin is very happy with this direction".

You should say "Grand so, I'd better speak to the organ grinder not the monkey"

Also I hate when someone asks me to do something and then throws in "Yeah?" at the end, as if questioning my ability to comprehend what they've just said. That really gets me gritting my teeth!

That just means they are from Cork. Do they also say "Like" (or "luike") a lot?

Don't know if anyone has already mentioned it, because I don't have time to read through all the posts; but one phrase that annoys me is when salespeople say 'it comes in at a great price point', can't they just say its a reasonable price :(

'Let's give a big shout out to'... aaagh, that phrase is getting very popular, especially on radio programmes.

Before we used go to the barber for a haircut. Now you can get it anywhere. If the dole is cut the social welfare beneficiaries are getting a haircut.
NAMA takes your faulty loans and they give you a haircut. Where will it stop ????????
Will there be any work left for barbers at all ??

Back