More rates cuts?

VanZan

Is the ECB cutting rates again this week? I thought I saw it on a post here somewhere. I have an eSavings Plus account with UB. They last cut their rates on the 16th March...will they also be getting cut again?

Is the ECB cutting rates again this week? I thought I saw it on a post here somewhere. I have an eSavings Plus account with UB. They last cut their rates on the 16th March...will they also be getting cut again?

There is an 80% chance that the ECB rate will be cut to 1.00% this Thursday according to a Reuters survey. It will be a few weeks after that before most banks respond with savings cuts.

http://www.reuters.com/article/ousiv/idUSTRE52T4C120090330

Eight out of 10 economists polled expected the main refi rate to be cut by 50 basis points to 1 percent, with only a small number predicting a smaller, 25-point move or a freeze at the current 1.5 percent.

One of the key questions is - Will Thursdays cut be the last ECB cut or could they cut to 0.75% or even 0.50% ?

Rate cut by 0.25% today and another cut of 0.25% on the cards for May

Are the cuts gonna be passed on to Variable rates, a lot of people saying they wont be passed on..

Back