Mobile Homes Do they hold their value at resale?

brodiebabe

My parent wish to buy a 2nd property as a holiday home in a particular part of Ireland. Unfortunately they can not afford a house there, however, they could afford a mobile home. Does anyone know if mobile homes go up in value or do they resell well?

Re: Mobile Homes

the land they are on goes up ,most people however rent the bit of land they have their mobiles on. the mobiles themselves never increase but dont drop in value like a car! buy a good 2nd hand one and it wont go down much over next ten years.i wonder can you stick a mobile on a piece of agricultural land you buy cheap?

Re: Mobile Homes

I think you really have to think of a mobile home as a depreciating asset. I agree its certaimly not as bad as a car but it still depreciates.

If you sell during Autumn/Winter you may not have much interest and get less for it.

My mother had one for a number of years and then got bored going to the same place for long periods every year. Now she goes abroad a couple of times a year with friends during the low seasons(they have become quite expert at getting cheap deals!) to the normal sunspots around Europe for the price she was paying for the plot rental at a mobile home park.

Back