Microsoft Office package 365 expiring in May - not willing to pay €99 per year :)

Up Rovers

Hi All,

We have been getting warning messages for some time now that our Microsoft Office package 365 is going to expire in May. Had a look at their offers and it would seem that they want €99 per year. Is there any way around having to pay this or even a cheaper option?

Thanks.

The €99 offering is for 2-6 people, all with access to the full Office suite and 1TB cloud storage per person.

The only real option if you don't want to go with a free alternative is to buy the Home & Student version which is a one-off ~€170 purchase that gives you Word, Excel and PowerPoint on a single machine and no storage.

Here's an alternative to MS Office I've been using for a while. I've an old version from 2018 and I've been using it free (legally, with updates from time-to-time) since:- https://www.softmaker.com/en/products/softmaker-office/order

NX Home Version 2024 €22.43 per annum for up to 5 computers and 5 mobile devices, provided they're all registered to the same address. I'm considering an expensive upgrade to 2024 version for Mac and iOS. One each for me and the two mutts!!!

Win/Mac/Linux/iOS/Android Versions available.

I bought MSOffice 2021 on productkeys.ie for €16.90 recently. Its not cloud, native apps, single licence it does the job.

Back