MgtCo have a rule about no bikes in the apartment block. No alternatives offered.

Re: Bike in apartment

Its a bit like no pets isn't it.

No it's not! In a high density development pets can disturb other owners. We're trying to deal with a dog at the moment that's keeping about 50 apartments awake at night in a development that says no pets which might disturb others. And we're not heartless. All we want is a barking free development. Problem is that if we don't deal with this quickly then someone else will decide that they'd like a dog too!

I meant in terms of a lease having special terms. Not as in "like" a dog.

Are child's buggy's allowed in the common areas?
Do they not mark walls or have dirt on their wheels

But no apartment complex would ever ban them but bicycles are not allowed in common areas :confused:

Just keep your bike in your apartment OP

Does the managment company (or even a landlord if you rent) has any rights to impose a "no byciles in the apartment" rule.
They can tell you what you are allowed to do and not to do in the common areas but I would highly doubt that they could do this in your appartment.
That would be the same as saying you are not allowed to have a table or chairs in your appartment.

Not really. Its like saying you can't have wooden floors.

A couple of people in my apartment block carry bikes up the stairs and it does leave dirty marks on the walls to be honest. However, its better than a situation a few months ago, where someone started keeping their bike down in the main entrance, someone else thought 'oh what a good idea' and started leaving their buggy down there as well, and the place was starting to look a bit kippy. Luckily, the management agents stuck up a notice telling them to remove them.

Not really. Its like saying you can't have wooden floors.

Ban on wooden floors in in most leases now so it's different. It's a legally enforceable contract. Ban on bikes is usually development rules and they can be difficult to enforce.

Back