Medical retirement

city girl

Hello I may have to take medical retirement from HSE due to a severe debilitating stress related illness. My GP supports me in this decision. I have done a search for older threads and taken some information from them.

Most of my service was in UK but I don't know if I can get anything from there until I reach 65 (currently 50). I have 9 years service with HSE. I have also paid the min monthly amount into AVC 's during this time. HR are being extremely secretive about what amount I might get both as a lump sum and a monthly pension.

Would anybody have a rough idea what I might get? I would need to be able to survive ( redeployment is another option that may be open to me depending on the nature of the work ). I saw in another thread that an amount for spouses and orphans was deducted - I am single and childfree... would this be deducted from my lump sum? Also would I qualify for any social welfare payments? It is such a major decision to make. I would really appreciate advice on this one. Many thanks

Back