Med Cruises - any experience?

Kiddo

Thinking of going on a Med cruise with Royal Caribbean. Just wondering if anyone has experience of Med cruises and what to expect especially in terms of age group. (Mid 30's so don't want to be the stuck with a load of OAP's:D)

Usually go on "backpacker" type holidays so the main appeal is getting to see a few places without packing up every couple of days.

Also don't fancy getting the "Oscar" gown out to go for dinner;) so advice on dress code for bars/restaurants most welcome:)

Any other tips also welcome.

Have been on Island Escape a few years ago and going again in August, Don't know about Royal Caribean but I think that they are more formal, appointed seating for meals etc, some friends went on one (single and in early 30's) last year loved it and had a ball. The Island Escape is very casual and we decided to go on it again as this year we are bring a child with us so afraid to try more formal. Brilliant way to visit loads of countries. Look up trip advisor.

Enjoy

Have you looked at NCL ? It doesn't have a formal dress code for dinner.

On both RCL or NCL you get a good age spread , mostly 30 - 60. Most of the 70+ tend to go on lines like HAL and Cunard.

there is always another restuarant on board where there is no dress code

HI Kiddo,

We did a Royal Caribbean cruis in the Med last year, woudll be happy to answer any questions.

We went out of rome and there were a lot of italians and plenty of americans too.

We went as a large group of all ages but I'm in my very early 30s and there were people of all ageas as well as plenty of OAPs and families. No topless tanning on the cruise as it was family friendly.

We stopped in Athens, Kusadasi, Crete and Siscily - apologies for the spelling.

Feel free to ask away!

addob

Back