Maternity, Redundancy & PILON

newmum

Hi there,

I would appreciate some opinions on the situation I find myself in.
I have accepted voluntary redundancy in my job,and find today that they appear to be changing the terms of my package.

I was informed in writing that i would receive,
1 Redundancy package
2 Payment of accrued al and bank holdiays
3 6 weeks payment in lieu of notice

I received a payment last month and contacted HR who informed me that the money was payment of accrued bank holdiays and annual leave. I was advised that the redundnacy package would be paid in Sept. There was also a note in the email to say, 'As you are not actually in work, you are not being paid for work from 19th July onwards'.

I queried this immediately & received a response to say as a goodwill gesture the company would pay me for 6weeks in lieu of notice and to keep this confidential.

This morning, I received an email to say that they are PILON but as my salary is 0 then the payment is nil as follows ...

'To clarify with you, we are paying you in lieu of notice....i.e. per your request to not come back, we are facilitating this by not insisting you work notice.. However, your salary at the moment is zero as you are on unpaid leave, at your own request.

If you wish to be paid for the remainder of your notice, you are welcome to return to work. I will give you a call to discuss'

Any opinions on this, I feel like the company is sending mixed messages, and I dont know where I stand.

For the record my maternity leave finished on 16th of july, and I took additional unpaid leave to bring me to 1st Nov. HR advised me to cancel my unpaid leave to accept redundancy which was confirmed on 26th July.

Any feedback appreciated.

Back