MAC makeup brushes-price?

S

swordshead

My sister wants a set of Mac makeup brushes for xmas..the face ones (foundation/concealer/bronzer brushes etc)! A friend of mine is heading of to NY on sat and i was thinking of asking her to get them over there. Does anyone know if its worth my while asking her..will i save much dya think compared to here?

the mac counter in the airport has a lovely gold/silver purse with the 5 main brushes in it. Seen them there the weekend think it was under 50

swordshead here's a pick one of my friends got it the weekend at the airport

These can be pricey. I bought mine in duty free at Manchester airport for €52. Make sure the set includes the foundation brush because thats the one that is absolutely brilliant but its a more expensive set than the others.

Check the mac website for the dollar prices.

The airport is cheap but I'd say buying in the US will work out cheaper.

The limited edition sets can be got for €50 but expect to pay €50 alone for a large powder brush in BT's.

I've texted my friend to see what price it was I know she did say the girl who sold it said that its the exact same brush as the foundation one only the handle is shorter and the cost for the 5 was nearly worth the 1. I do like their stuff I have to say. :)

hey she just texted it was €50 in dublin airport, hope that helps

would 2nd the reply about making sure the foundation brush in the set, i know they have 2 of them, a bigger and a smaller one. Have both and the bigger one def better so may be worth buying a basic brush set and then buying the foundation brush separatly. Depends on how much you want to spend. The large foundation brush is €42 in BT2 but friend of mine said is $30 something in America.
Must make a list now of MAC stuff I want for Xmas...... :D

Check the mac website for the dollar prices.

but expect to pay €50 alone for a large powder brush in BT's.
Cant see any prices on the Mac website. Deffo not goin near BTs, ill be ripped off silly in there id say! Crazy money for brushes isnt it!? Feel a bit scabby when she opens a tincy wincy little box with a brush in it..feel like you're giving nothing!

hey she just texted it was €50 in dublin airport, hope that helps
Thanks a mill...

1 blusher brush, 1 bronzer brush, 1 lip brush and 2 lip gelées came to $147 on that site..is that the cheapest i can get them yeh?

This works out at about 100 euros which I think is quite good. Plus as far as i know you can get 10% discount if your friend shows her passport in advance to the information desk.

This works out at about 100 euros which I think is quite good. Plus as far as i know you can get 10% discount if your friend shows her passport in advance to the information desk.

They don't usually give this discount in Macys for cosmetics, I tried it last year. MAC usually has good offers there, plus in the US they are much better at giving little freebie samples too.

mac makeup is way cheaper in NY, studio tech is 27 dollers in NY while its 36 euro (approx 45 dollers) here.

me thinks so too! But when ordering online you always run risks, goods lost in transit, are your cr card details safe, if ordering outside EU you CAN get caught for duty etc. especially if they use any of the big carriers to deliver the goods eg. UPS so you need to weigh it all up.

me thinks so too! But when ordering online you always run risks, goods lost in transit, are your cr card details safe, if ordering outside EU you CAN get caught for duty etc. especially if they use any of the big carriers to deliver the goods eg. UPS so you need to weigh it all up.

I got the gold/silver purse with the 5 main brushes in it in Macy last month for $46 ... a lot cheaper than here, saw same in BT's for over 60 euro!!!

Back