M/ment Company's Additional Charges

You say there's no direct attack, yet you dissect my opinions?! I'm speaking as the director of a management company, who became a director after setting up a committee and engaging a new managing agent because my building was not in good shape and vastly in debt because people wouldn't pay their fees as well as a legacy of bad managing agents.

"I disagree, ther are plenty of reductions that can be made to CREATE a surplus of cash in the sinking fund. Energy saving light bulbs, lights that only come on with sensors, Solar, shop around for cheaper block insurance, shop around for a cheaper window cleaner,gardner, security lift repair service, gates maintenance contracts, switch from ESB to AirTricity etc.. Apartment blocks have devalued so the insurance must reflect that I think. But this is only if the agent is bothered but I suppose its just easier to harrass the residence and put their feet up."

As you say, these things will only be done if you have a decent management agent in place. But even a good agent needs to be managed themselves. Hence the essential involvement of owners and active directors.

My apologies Purpeller, I ment only to respond to certain parts of your previous post. If you were a resident and became THE director then fair play. My point is not all complexes have people like yourself. You might make a few quid and a lot of people happy if you set up a workshop and offer people guidence in this area as I dont think there is a course out there to learn this type of thing,,... now theres an idea, iIts an area which could be tapped. I agree you need to keep the agents on their toes and be more involved.

It may have been budgeted for but the money probably went to something more important...remember the money you pay goes directly into your own management company account and not the agents account. Any money you pay goes towards something under the budget, does your block have neighbours with a history of non payment? are their unsold units? i ask this as budgets are drafted every year on the basis of full occupancy and everyone paying their service charge if this is not happening there will be a shortfall in income and more important contractors must be paid with the income received.

Mamage - CIC
Not true, the management agent takes their cut first. Whats left goes to the management company. They then pay the creditors/contractors which are shelf companies of the agent. They will pay their own shelf companies first too. Its a complete sham.

Mamage - CIC
Not true, the management agent takes their cut first. Whats left goes to the management company. They then pay the creditors/contractors which are shelf companies of the agent. They will pay their own shelf companies first too. Its a complete sham.

This is a nonsense post.

mf

mf1

Can you backup that lame coment? I can guarantee that its not nonsense. Our agent is our cleaners, is our grass cutter and more.... Perhaps your a mangement agent or rep?

mf1

Can you backup that lame coment? I can guarantee that its not nonsense. Our agent is our cleaners, is our grass cutter and more.... Perhaps your a mangement agent or rep?

See post Number 19 above.

Get involved and change things. Your particular situation is not wholly representative of Management Companies.

mf

Are you an agent mf1

The reason I ask is causing me to raise an eyebrow. Every time I take a bus/train walk the streets, listen to people in public places, words of mouth, radio broadcasts, passing strangers, EVERYONE says that this system is a rip off. HOWEVER, everytime I post something on askaboutmoney nearly everyone replies advocating their existance. Time will tell.

"Are you an agent mf1"

The expression "oh, for goodness sake!" springs to mind. You are simply trolling at this stage as you patently will not read or respond to any of the posts that make sensible suggestions as to how to deal with your own particular situation.

mf

Back