lump sum deposit

S

siobhand

Hi,

I have 30k redundancy money which I want to put away somewhere safe. I am not a risk taker and am v nervous with money!

Is an account with Anglo the best bet? Is there any risk involved?!

Have a look at the "Best Buys" section here.

It depends how long you want to leave it on deposit for....

As for risk, there is the bank guarantee scheme until (I think) September 2010m so that guarantees 100% of your deposit (+interest) if you are with one of the banks that are covered by the scheme. If you are with a different bank, they may be covered under a different scheme....

What are the condition in opening an account with Anglo Irish Bank - do you have to live in the Ireland and if so does this apply to all Irish bank accounts.

Is the state guarantee not redundant if the state is in effect bankrupt?

Currently no, I think the only case where the guarantee would be be in doubt would be in the case of total and utter collapse, but if it comes to that were up the creek anyway....

Yes, if you want an on demand account or a 1 year term deposit or a 2 year term deposit.

Your deposit is 100% state guaranteed.

For most accounts yes. There are some non resident accounts that are available.

Can an non resident open an account with Anglo Irish Bank if not what are the non resident accounts that are available please

Can an non resident open an account with Anglo Irish Bank if not what are the non resident accounts that are available please

Yes non residents can open some accounts. I suggest that you ring Anglo for full information.

Yes non residents can open some accounts. I suggest that you ring Anglo for full information.

Sorry, looking at their website in ireland [broken link removed]
they say
"Please note we only accept applications for the above listed accounts from residents in the Republic of Ireland. We do not offer Deposit Interest Retention Tax (DIRT) exempt non-resident accounts."

Try their UK or IOM website [broken link removed] if you are non resident or UK if you live in UK

Yes, they don't accept applications for all accounts from non residents but rather certain accounts. You have correctly pointed out that these account openings are done through their international subsidarys.

Sorry, looking at their website in ireland [broken link removed]
they say
"Please note we only accept applications for the above listed accounts from residents in the Republic of Ireland. We do not offer Deposit Interest Retention Tax (DIRT) exempt non-resident accounts."

Try their UK or IOM website [broken link removed] if you are non resident or UK if you live in UK

Is the Anglo Website up-to-date.

Back