Luas fares increase 7th January 2008

ClubMan

Most fares will increase by €0.10. fares will not. For regular travellers not already on a taxsaver card for example perhaps it makes sense to consider switching to a Smartcard (even allowing for the initial €3 non refundable charge)? I think a single zone adult journey is still €1.25 on the Smartcard and it's €1.40 (off peak) or €1.50 (peak) from the ticket machine and presumably the latter are increasing to €1.50 and €1.60 respectively with the Smartcard fare remaining the same.

I'm not a big fan of Smartcards but when you see the difference in fares mentioned above they do make sense.

They appear to have addressed two of the original problems with the Smartcards in so far as the inspectors now have scanners and the topping-up process is simpler.

They appear to have addressed two of the original problems with the Smartcards in so far as the inspectors now have scanners and the topping-up process is simpler.
I didn't see any problem with the fact that they used to just see the card and nod assuming that you had tagged/swiped on. :)

Back