loveholidays - any views?

Steelstown

Has anyone had dealings with loveholidays? They have just been announced as the "world's first Ryanair-verified package holiday provider".

Has anyone had dealings with loveholidays? They have just been announced as the "world's first Ryanair-verified package holiday provider".
Used them last year to go for a long weekend to Lisbon. Worked out fine and I'd use them again. I had cause to talk to them as my prepaid credit card wouldn't work online, but they sorted it straight away.

They were mentioned in a BBC programme in which it was said they were difficult to engage with from the resort when a problem arose.

@Steelstown - I used them last year for a trip to Portugal with the family to stay in a resort. Very resonable costings (5* private resort) and no issues with any part of the holiday.

We were initially worried as they were so much cheaper (by around €900+) than any other holiday companies - but we were very flexible with dates / actual location, so got a good deal. Will use them again.

Have considered them many times but always bottle and books flights and accommodation directly. Personally found them to be slightly cheaper but not so much if you book in advance. I have friends who use them regularly and have heard no complaints but I like the ability to control my own trips it makes me nervous that I will rock up somewhere and will be told there is no booking. I am proboblay being over cautious I have used hotels.com and other such services which is I suppose the same concept. If there were substantial savings to be made then I would definitely consider.

Thanks for all your comments. I'll probably give them a try. Their website is very well laid out.

We had a very different experience with them. They were merely working as commission agents with no boots on ground or real knowledge of resort.

l
Surely the same could be said for all these companies like Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda etc ? Or is loveholidays a travel agent type service ?
exactly. they are no different. You can get good last minute bargains and they book ryanair flights as part of your package. You can pay a deposit and installments, which is handy if your cash flow isnt great after the Chrimbo.

Correct comparison. So they are not travel agents.
Surely travel agent is exactly what they are. They act as an agent and book with one or more service providers on your behalf. The definition of a travel agent in Irish legislation does not require any presence in the destination.

I'd almost call them a hybrid agency. They are a travel agency, but a bit like Ryanair, they do not have many frills and once you know that, you can save money.

Also beware of their (and others) "low deposit" sales patter. It's a low deposit, but you are contracted to purchase the holiday and if you need to cancel it will cost a lot more than the low deposit.

But generally they have a good reputation for the no frills service they provide

Sorry I can't help with "loveholidays" just seen their adverts.
I just wondered if anyone has booked a package holiday which includes Ryanair flights through a travel agent.
Seems verification is required?

Sorry I can't help with "loveholidays" just seen their adverts.
I just wondered if anyone has booked a package holiday which includes Ryanair flights through a travel agent.
Seems verification is required?
loveholidays are package travel agents with ryanair flights included.

But I'm wondering what other agents are verified to sell Ryanair flights as part of a package. Anyone any experience of this?

But I'm wondering what other agents are verified to sell Ryanair flights as part of a package. Anyone any experience of this?
Loveholidays act as market place or search engines. The price they show is guide price. Actual price is fetched from Ryanair and booking is done with Ryanair directly. Any changes, seat selection and other services are done on the Ryanair site. TUI has it's own flights and resorts on certain dates and locations.

Back