Looking for tax clearance cert

seamus m

Hi,I have recently got a new job where I need a tax clearance cert .the problem I have is that i have debt with revenue gone to judgement with revenue from 6 or 7 years ago.I have no lump sum to repay and new job is self employed so no certain income.The debt is around 50k and time is serious issue as without clearance in 2 to 3 weeks job will be gone. I would be gratefull for any advice or ideas if its even possible.

I am familiar with a person in a similar situation,revenue judgement from four years ago.He was surprised to find that when he applied for tax clearance certificate recently it was allowed.His accountants reason for
revenue obliging was that his ongoing tax is up to date they have their judgement which they will hopefully collect on in the future and
he is allowed to move on with his life and make a living.

Thanks Lukas ,hopefully for me it will work out the same but to ask a stupid question did he just fill out form called a ppa phased payment application himself or is there anyone you can see about this .

He is self employed and his Accountant files his yearly returns.When he was in his Accountants office he inputted his details in to the ROS section dealing with tax clearance certs found he was eligible and printed it off.

In your case if you are not registered with Revenue do it now and you will know instantly.I presume you can also call your local revenue office.

Back