Looking for a Mechanic near D14 to replace a clutch

A

aidanpower

It's an 01 Ford Focus. I've so far been quoted €650 by one major dealer and €500 - €550 by an independent mechanics. I've no idea if these are competitive but I suspect I can do a bit better. Advanced Pitstop wouldn't quote me immediately and haven't yet called me back. Any suggestions in the Goatstown area (although really anywhere in South Dublin would be fine...)?

Try Apollo motors, down beside the old Jet station (entrance on dundrum side of above), near pit stop onmain road.
He is a very sound guy, and reasonable. Used him myself.

Good man... Just gave me a very competitive quote over the phone and he seemed decent. Dropping it in on Thursday, i'll report back on how I got on.

Try Apollo motors, down beside the old Jet station (entrance on dundrum side of above), near pit stop onmain road.
He is a very sound guy, and reasonable. Used him myself.
Got it back this evening, thanks for the recommendation. The price was right and the job was a good one.

Glad to hear that!
He got me out of a hole last year , and very reasonable.
Only problem is he´s usually mad busy and tries to look after everyone that calls in.

Can you tell me roughly how much did he charge you, I'm looking to get similar job done.
What components did he replace? pressure plate, release bearing, clutch plate or anything else.

Back