Loft conversion

sale

Hi all
I have just got a number of quotes on loft conversion in 4 bed semi
I have a price of 12.800 which i am thinking of going with if i can get the said amount of funds from the bank.
My question is am i getting value for money
Its a standard conversion with an ensuite and 3 roof lights
Thanks

€12.8K is a good price, but no-one here can guess whether you are getting value for money.

Here are some relevant questions that can affect the value for money

What level of insulation are you getting ?
What quality of staircase ?
Does this include decoration and all fittings ?
Do you have a personal recommendation for the builder ?
Who is going to do a structural survey and confirm that building regs have been obeyed and that the conversion is structurally sound ?
Are the building regulations wrt fire safety for a bedroom be met or is it just going to be designated as attic storage space ?

Thanks huskerdu
I am getting 100 mm kingspan between ceiling joists
Proper staircase
It includes fully tiled and fitted out ensuite
Pinting and carpet on stairs and bedroom floor
The builder did a similar job for my sister
The survey was done by my own surver i got from the golden pages independent from the builder i think thats the best way.
He meets all the regs and conditions
I should have made myself clear in the origanal post sorry

€12.8K is a good price, but no-one here can guess whether you are getting value for money.

Here are some relevant questions that can affect the value for money

What level of insulation are you getting ?
What quality of staircase ?
Does this include decoration and all fittings ?
Do you have a personal recommendation for the builder ?
Who is going to do a structural survey and confirm that building regs have been obeyed and that the conversion is structurally sound ?
Are the building regulations wrt fire safety for a bedroom be met or is it just going to be designated as attic storage space ?
great post

Hi I realise this is an old post but thought I'd ask anyway. Did you get that attic conversion carried out? If so, were you happy with the work done and if so could you post the name of the person/ company that carried out the work? Thanks

sorry cant help with a name but I recommend you view the following

http://www.environ.ie/en/DevelopmentHousing/BuildingStandards/PublicationsDocuments/FileDownLoad,1657,en.pdf

Back