Key Post List of large publicly traded companies tax resident in Ireland

basilbrush

I made this list of large publicly traded companies that are tax resident in Ireland. The advantage of investing in these is that there are no complications with foreign country taxes, even though some of the companies are only traded on exchanges in other countries. There are of course potentially currency risks (although many are global companies, so the currency in which the shares are traded is less important), and the risk that a company might change its tax residence in the future (since the attachment of some of them to Ireland is tenuous). There are other such lists (such as this one), but all of the ones that I found had some errors or omissions.

Accenture, PDD Holdings Inc - ADR, Medtronic, Eaton Corporation, Aon, Trane Technologies, Johnson Controls International, CRH, Experian, Aptiv, Flutter Entertainment, James Hardie Industries, ICON, Ryanair Holdings, Steris, Seagate Technology Holdings, Kingspan Group, AerCap Holdings N.V., Kerry Group, Allegion, AIB Group, Smurfit Kappa Group, Bank of Ireland Group, Jazz Pharmaceuticals, DCC, Alkermes, Perrigo Company, Glanbia, Adient, Cimpress, Prothena Corporation, Grafton Group, Keywords Studios, Avadel Pharmaceuticals, Dole, Greencoat Renewables, Dalata Hotel Group, Cosmo Pharmaceuticals NV, Permanent tsb Group Holdings, Uniphar, Cairn Homes, Irish Continental Group, Glenveagh Properties, FINEOS Corporation Holdings, C&C Group, Irish Residential Properties REIT, FBD Holdings, Origin Enterprises, Amarin Corporation, Kenmare Resources, Ads-Tec Energy

Arcadium Lithium, which will be one of the largest lithium producers, is supposed to start trading soon and looks like it might also be tax resident in Ireland. Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals may also begin trading again soon. For a small number of the companies only the ADR (American Depository Receipt) is traded (PDD Holdings, Avadel, Amarin), in which case I imagine that the shares that you purchase would not, in fact, be Irish tax resident.

Last edited:
Back