List of Assets - Office Insurance

mortgageqs

Hi,

Just setup a new business and am wondering about commercial insurance. Will I be expected to have a list of details for all company assets, like laptop serial numbers, purchase dates & prices, mobile phone models etc?

Thx

to be on the safe ide, you should always retain serial numbers of all items that have one, lest they be stolen and in the off chance that they are recovered.

In the event of a claim, you will need some proof that you actually did have the item at the time of the loss.

For the purpose of commercial insurance, they will generally look for a sum insured for office contents and its up to you to ensure that what you want covered falls into that amount. With laptops, mobiles, pda's if you want them covered you would need to mention them specifically on the policy as cover is not automatically provided. You would also need to cover your hardware such as servers and any increased cost of working if the data was lost and software, etc had to be re-installed.

If you're looking for EL/PL as part of it, you will need an idea of your projected turnover and wageroll (split by the category of employee depending on your business!). Obviously theres other things that can be included. If you need any more info, feel free to PM me. I work in that line of business.

Back