Letting out home for first time

elmo

Hi all,

Myself and my partner are looking to emmigrate for a couple of years in the next few months. At the moment we have a home in clonee that we are looking to rent out whilst we are gone.

I just have a couple of questions if people could help.

We are not in the house 2 years yet (we will be the 1st November). Should we wait until then? What are the implications if we dont?

Where can i find a reputable letting agency that will take care of all the legal and maintenance issues with my tenants?

Once we start renting, what tax implication am i liable for (and mortgage implications?)

Thanks for all your help, im just a little lost.

Is there any family member who could keep an eye on the house instead of a letting agency (in my experience they charge far to much & aren't much help on the day to day care of the property)?

Try using the search option as all the question you pose have been asked and answered a number of times (you might want to edit your post and take out the house location)

Did you buy the house from new?
If so, and you rent out before your two years is up you'll be liable for stamp duty.
I have to agree with TLC comments.
As for Tax implications, PM me and I'll give you the phone number of my accountant who is very helpful.

Anyone fancy doing a Key Post for this topic? It comes up a lot and would be a great addition to Askaboutmoney

Back