"Let by owner" websites

P

PiedPiper

I have an apartment in Canaries (fuerteventura)

I have been trying to let it on free adds, I wonder is it worth while advertising on Daft or any of the Uk let by owner sites

None of them are cheap and I wonder would I even cover the cost of the add.

All comments appreciated

Re: Let by owner sites

Hi

I saw that site its £219 or £279 for an add, I wonder if anyone actually used them and if they get bookings from it.

There is also Ebay Holidays.

You could spend a fortune on advertising and get no return.

I saw an add on Daft and emailed asking if the add producted any bookings they got loads of queries and few booking that the add didnt even cover its self.

I dont want to waste my money on advertising that gets no bookings.

All comments welcome

There are lots of sites out there that work well. Holiday Rentals, Holiday Lettings. Owners Direct and VRBO are 4 of the big ones. They do work well. There is a good holiday rental owners site called Laymyhat which has a lot of useful information.

I have used holidayhomesdirect.ie and found them very helpful and friendly to deal with. Cost is €99 per annum plus VAT and I have been with them for nearly two years. I've got about 5 or 6 weeks booking each year through the website - a lot more than enough to cover the cost of advertising.

I figure you might get more traffic with UK websites, but I'm happy to get enough bookings to cover my overall expenses and I prefer dealing with Irish clients (although I did get one booking from the UK and had absolutely no problems with them).

Regards
Homer

Back