Left HSE in 2008 what happens to pension

G

gwendolene

Hi

Just wondering if anyone can help. I worked as a Grade 3 clerical officer with the HSE from 2001 to 2008. I resigned for personal reasons, not due to ill health or anything. I never received any info on what would happen with my pension entitlements so I contacted HSE this week looking for information. Got a letter back today to say that the pensions dept had never been informed of my resignation, hence they didnt sent me anything. Just wondering if anyone knows what does happen with it and whether I will be entitled to get any money back or what story is ...

If they didn't send you anything then because they weren't notified surely they are going to do so now? Would your Salaries Dept. be able to give you any advice?

If you had more than 2 years service the fund will hold the money until you reach pension age.

A relative of mine in their 20s had just over the 2 years service and was told to ring them back when they are 60! No statement of payments issued either. They intend requesting a statement of benefits at some stage. They were also told that no reminder will be issued when they are reaching retirement age. Dreadful level of service all round.

I think page 25 of this document might help also [broken link removed]

Thanks Mrs Doyle...much appreciated. HSE werent great employers, so Im not surprised at the level of service now that Im gone..I just think its funny that as usual there was no joined up thinking and one department didnt inform the other. ( I could probably have applied for the redundancy!..not that I would :). )

I must inquire into a statement of benefits ...so thanks for the heads up...

Gwendolene,

You simply request a statement of entitlements from your HR department. There's also a calculator online at http://cspensions.gov.ie/ so you can find out for yourself.
In fairness to your former employer, if you resigned without checking your benefits, its hardly up to them to do it for you.

As you resigned you would not have been entitled to the redundancy scheme. If you were on career break, then you would have have got a few bob.

Back