Health Insurance Laya Simplicity

Xraylady

I am considering renewing for 3rd year in a row with Laya Simplicity plan. I’m concerned as staying with the same plan goes against any advice I’ve heard on health insurance but I check every year and it seems the best. I’m aged 60, possibly in line for Ortho treatment (hip) in future years. Simplicity covers Mater Private Cork - near me. I was willing to increase my budget but looked at Simplicity Connect/Ideal but they don’t offer me any improvements in hospital cover. I don’t mind excesses ( not per night ones hopefully) and not concerned about day-to-day. Is there any other plan that would offer me better inpatient cover for a bit more or is Simplicity a solid enough choice (again)?

I was willing to increase my budget but looked at Simplicity Connect/Ideal but they don’t offer me any improvements in hospital cover.
You should check plans from other providers too, not just Laya. Use the HIA comparison tool to help with shopping around.
Do a search here and maybe on Boards.ie etc. to see if others have suggested comparable/better plans compared to Laya Simplicity.

I am considering renewing for 3rd year in a row with Laya Simplicity plan. I’m concerned as staying with the same plan goes against any advice I’ve heard on health insurance but I check every year and it seems the best. I’m aged 60, possibly in line for Ortho treatment (hip) in future years. Simplicity covers Mater Private Cork - near me. I was willing to increase my budget but looked at Simplicity Connect/Ideal but they don’t offer me any improvements in hospital cover. I don’t mind excesses ( not per night ones hopefully) and not concerned about day-to-day. Is there any other plan that would offer me better inpatient cover for a bit more or is Simplicity a solid enough choice (again)?
Its very very confusing out here and getting more confusing with each passing year but I think Laya Simplicity is the best plan out there given your circumstances (ortho treatment and local private hospital cover).

The day to day cover is ok and the excess is not too high and there are no % shortfalls. There are zero excess and shortfalls for the " specified orthopedic procedures".

Also by sticking with your current plan you dont have to worry about waiting periods where the level of cover has increased.

aj

Connect Simplicity is cheaper with a Joint Max of €2k on out patients + a gamble on admissions excess ................ rest looks same

Looking at Connect Simplicity, Connect Care & just found Principle which looks very very interesting - all around the same price

Hi Guys,

Just a heads-up that on renewal this month, I discovered (after scrutinizing the plan) that Connect Simplicity has changed and the plan no longer offers full orthopedic/ophthalmic cover. It has dropped to a 20% shortfall.

Simplicity remains the same @ zero excess. Control 300 Create looks a reasonable alternative at a similar price to Connect Simplicity- with full orthopedic cover, albeit some higher hospital excesses.

It’s so frustrating that these policy changes aren’t highlighted automatically to the policyholder on renewal.

Hi Guys,

Just a heads-up that on renewal this month, I discovered (after scrutinizing the plan) that Connect Simplicity has changed and the plan no longer offers full orthopedic/ophthalmic cover. It has dropped to a 20% shortfall.

Simplicity remains the same @ zero excess. Control 300 Create looks a reasonable alternative at a similar price to Connect Simplicity- with full orthopedic cover, albeit some higher hospital excesses.

It’s so frustrating that these policy changes aren’t highlighted automatically to the policyholder on renewal.
I think you mixed up two different plans. For full full orthopedic/ophthalmic I have my dad on simply connect plan. It appears to cheaper then simplicity plan that was been asked about

Attachments

• 16998987420156189824990367021682.jpg
    16998987420156189824990367021682.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 101
Back