Laya Laya Flex 500 Explore renewal 1/4/18

donegal2006

I have been quoted € 712 for the above renewal. As I have been on this policy for a few years , I just thought before renewing I would ask if anyone knows something similar for less.Many thanks in advance for any replies.

donegal2006,

Just to bring to your attention, there was a reduction in hi-tech hospital cover on this plan, since your last renewal date.
So, there is just cardiac and orthopaedic cover in Blackrock Clinic and Mater Private on Flex 500 Explore.
There is full cover in Beacon hospital Dublin as before.

A price of 712 is a very good price for this level of cover which also includes a discount.
There are no other plans cheaper in price with the same level of hospital cover.

If you want to maintain full hi-tech hospital cover including Mater Private and Blackrock Clinic as before,
the following option is worth considering.

Laya Control 600 Connect; price 852pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech excess 600 per admission.
Day case excess 175 per procedure.
[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Many thanks for your reply.We also thought the price was good, despite the reduction in cover, so we went ahead at the weekend. What surprised me and finally decided me was that the price on the HIA website was somewhere around 790, so we did indeed get a good discount!

Back