Late mortgage payment

skipper1978

Hopefully somebody can clarify things for me.

STUPIDLY I have moved money from my current account into a savings account forgetting about the bank holidays today and Monday. My mortgage payment is due out on Tuesday. Mortgate is with AIB and I have never missed a payment and current account with Ulster.

I have transferred enough to cover this payment back into my current account (Transferred money from credit union to Ulster Bank yesterday at 7:15pm) but I am WORRIED sick that this will show up as a late payment and will affect my credit rating.

Have you any advice on how to proceed and can you confirm how late is late (like if the money does not get to them until Wednesday is that deemed late?)

If I ring AIB on Tuesday to confirm money is in my account will that suffice?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

we missed out first 2 mortgage payments with EBS due to an issue with out account in PTSB. A letter came in the post warning us and we called an paid using a Debit Card. EBS were not too upset about it and were happy once it was paid. I got PTSB to do a credit check and nothing showed up.

With EBS the mortgage payment isn't considered missed if it is paid before the end of the month. Maybe it's the same with Aib?

Back