Large ForEx Transaction - Euro to dollar

thejolly

Hi
I wish to complete a Forex transaction (>100k) from euro to dollar. the money currently resides in an AIB account and I need to get it into a US Dollar account for investmet purpose. I will get quotes from AIB, transfermate and currencyfair. I just want to ensure that I am not missing a trick? Has anybody experience of using currencyfair for larger transaction amounts and had difficulties getting matched? TIA

On the CurrencyFair market at the moment there is about half a million available to match straight away going Euro to Dollar.

Take care in getting your quotes, transfermate and AIB just quote midmarket on their websites and mention this in the small print, so you have to call them for an actual quote. CurrencyFair rates are live actual rates on their website.

Let us know who comes out best, would be curious.

tony, got quotes from CurrencyFair, Transfermate and AIB. CurrencyFair (1.2235) best followed by Transfermate (1.2224), followed by AIB (1.2128).

All rates quoted concurrently by phone. With gun to their head (not literally), AIB matched CurrencyFair rate - so went with that as a painless transaction.

Back