Laptop very hot

Brianne

Before I take this laptop up to a computer shop, I'm asking for advise. Its an Acer Aspire5670 and I notice lately that it gets very hot. I usually use it plugged in as the battery doesn't seem to last that long. Is there anything I could do or is it best to take it to a computer shop? Its about 20 months old.
The fan clicks in eventually but I still think its too hot......uncomfortable if you use it on your lap and occasionally hot on top!!!

Here are some reviews - most seem to mention heat as a problem.
http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/notebooks/0,39050488,39097541p,00.htm

The joys of searching using "acer aspire 5670 heat" in the handy little search box of your browser.

Despite the term "lap-top" being applied generically to this class of portable computers, using them on your lap is not to be recommended as the ventilation grilles to the rear of the case may become blocked with clothing.

Car, thanks a million for that, got a can of spray duster today and gave it a good blast.Amazing all the tiny bits of grit that get into it. It's now looking spotless and I'll investigate about getting one of those coolers. Many thanks.

I seem to recall a piece in the Irish Indo recently where a chap had the same prob.. turned out to be dog hair getting drawn into the fan ports :D

Westgolf

Back